Saturday, March 22, 2014

A Love of All Things Longaberger

412-204-7493

My love of all things Longaberger began when my baby daughter Catherine and I attended a Longaberger Basket Party in 1989. Valerie Trapp was a great consultant. I bought a basket and helped raise money for the Children’s Hospital. My daughter crawled across the room and introduced herself to Joy who is now one of my best friends. The first basket I purchased was the Medium Market Basket like our item 30.



The company was founded by Dave Longaberger in 1978 who said, “Baskets to us represent the American ideals of family tradition, integrity, hard work, and dedication to quality.” We have some very unique and rare baskets like the Umbrella Basket our item 35.



Because they are all hand woven, no two Longaberger baskets are identical. They are all initialed and dated by the individual artist weaver. These sturdy well made baskets are appropriate for gift giving, and collecting. They vary by color, weaving style, shape, and purpose.  Longaberger has branched out to include fabric liners and garters, hard plastic protectors, lamps, pottery, wrought iron holders and food products for consultants to sell. The baskets in our auction were made from 1999-2001 and they are all in great shape. Many have liners and the hard plastic protectors. Our October Field Basket comes with a liner and a garter.




If a basket is damaged, it can be repaired at the Homestead in Dresden, Ohio. They fixed a copper rivet on my sewing basket for free.  My husband and I have even made our own basket at the Homestead last summer.



If adding to your collection is half of the fun, actually using them is the other. My collection of forty four baskets are being used all over my home most of them in the pantry and kitchen.  I use many of mine when I entertain and enjoy them all very much. After looking at the current auction, I think I could find a use for use a few more.  Hope you understand why I love all things Longaberger, perhaps you will too.




Happy Bidding!
Liz

No comments:

Post a Comment